Saturday, May 25, 2013

The New Normal

The New Normal

Friday night Scott and I ventured out to a restaurant. We met for lunch this week and were able to enjoy an entire meal while baby slept peacefully in her car seat. We made a plan- we would walk her in the neighborhood, get her to fall asleep in the carrier, transfer her to the car seat and then repeat our lunchtime coup. It partially worked. Sugar plum did fall asleep in the carrier, but woke up the minute I tried to transfer her to the car seat. She then proceeded to scream the entire ride to the restaurant and sounded so distressed in the parking deck that we stopped right then to take her out and carry her in the restaurant. Little Miss hates the car seat. Hates. it. So...we chose a restaurant that wasn't typically crowded on Friday nights, took her to a table in the back corner, and Scott ordered while I held her and got her to calm down. Once our food arrived, we had to take turns holding her while trying to eat our food. I'm going to have to start being selective about what I order in terms of whether it can be eaten easily with one hand.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got to get out and about! She'll get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing. I remember this kind of thing. I hate to say this, but you ain't seen nothing yet, you newbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say that if you get the one-handed thing going, you can also write letters to the editor for CCL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey do whatever it takes! And keep putting her in the carseat; she'll get used to it quick!

    ReplyDelete