Saturday, March 28, 2015

Art!

The thing I love most about my mama friends is that they provide a great network to fun things happening around town.  One mama friend pointed out an interactive art exhibit happening in town that was fun for kids.  One afternoon after nap time, another mama friend and I decided to check it out.  The thing that was neat about this exhibit was that it used lots of interesting recycled materials- milk caps, the plastic things from bags of bread, shotgun shells...yes, you heard me right.  There were LOTS of shotgun shells making really cool art.
There was this cool roller thing that the kids loved rolling that made lots of noise.  Little Miss just watched until her friend went home- then I couldn't get her away from this thing.  The way that they used the lights, the kids naturally wanted to keep it in the lighted area and go back when it reached the shadow again.  It was brilliant.
There was also an absolutely massive hanging/carpet of shotgun shells.

It was at this point that Little Miss learned that shotgun shells are slippery and not easy to walk on.
They also had these things hanging from the ceiling.  Kids could bounce and spin them.
I was so grateful that they had lots of fun stuff that the kids couldn't really hard.  This exhibit space also had really cool grounds.  It was a cold drizzly day so we didn't spend a ton of time exploring, but there was this:
If getting a picture with King Triton isn't worth a picture, then I don't know what is.  She was a bit slow to interact with the exhibit, but I do think that she enjoyed going.  I hope that we get more stuff like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment