Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Goats on the Greenway

Hello?  Is this thing still on?  For a while I debated whether I wanted to continue the family blog, but after several months off, I decided that it is a worthwhile pursuit.  It's really fun for me to go back and see all the fun things we've done and how Little Miss has changed.  Because there's been such a long gap, I may not get to blog about everything, but I will definitely cover the highlights.

Soon after we moved into our little garage, we heard a story on NPR that our local greenway was the host to a herd of goats.  It turns out that goats are much cheaper and safer lawn maintenance for the levee the greenway runs on top off.  We gathered up the family for a walk along the greenway to check out the goats.  It didn't take us long to find what we were looking for.

Both Huck and Little Miss were enthralled.


As we continued along the greenway, it turned into an impromptu photo shoot.

The love for goats must've been real, because when we went to the zoo a few days later, she couldn't resist the desire to pet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment