Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Easter 2016


The final highlight of March was Easter.  We don't celebrate the religious aspect, but we sure do love a good Easter Egg hunt.  Hubs' family stuffs the big plastic Easter Eggs and hides them around the yard.  My family hid the foil covered chocolate eggs around the inside of the house.  My grandma used to set up elaborate scavenger hunts for all the grandchildren to follow to their Easter gift.  

A few years ago between school, and community Easter egg hunts, we way overdid it.  I'm really trying to return to the time of my childhood, when a holiday happened on a single day.  You looked forward to it, and then it was over and you moved on.  Since I wanted to honor all our traditions, I skipped all the other things happening around town and we just celebrated at home.  I dispatched Daddy and Little Miss on a long walk while I got things ready.  When she came back, the scavenger hunt was ready to go.
I had a series of egg shaped clues that she followed around the house.  It took a minute to get the hang of it, but she really liked it.  I'm wondering if I should try it again at Christmas, or just let it stay something special for Easter. 

Then we did the traditional Easter egg hunt in the yard.



Daddy and Huck supervised from the lawn chair.
Little Miss really enjoyed her day.  I'm glad that she was able to get some candy, but not tons.  It's nice being at the age where I can still control such things.  She brought all her loot inside and opened everything up.
Then we got to enjoy family time for the rest of the day.  What a nice way to spend a holiday- creating traditions and being together.


No comments:

Post a Comment