Monday, August 12, 2013

Let's Go Walking

Let's Go Walking

The weather here has been outstanding this summer. We've had some hot days, but nothing like it could be. The humidity is often low, there's often a breeze, and it's generally incredibly pleasant to be out and about at morning and night. Little Miss loves to be outside and go for walks, but Daddy and I are concerned about mosquitos. There's been West Nile virus found nearby and we're paranoid that she'll be exposed.
Mamaw to the rescue. Before little bean was born, Mamaw was busy snapping up deals on all sorts of things that would have never occurred to us to buy. Mosquito netting for the stroller would be one of those things, but we use it all the time. It's easy to throw on the stroller after she's strapped in, she doesn't seem to mind it at all, and it gives us peace of mind. It also saves us from spraying her with any sort of chemical. This is especially useful because I recently met another mom in the neighborhood with a daughter the same age as Little Miss. She and I have taken to walking in the park for about an hour in the mornings. This is a great way to get some exercise while also getting support. The netting lets me do these walks with no worrying. So, next time anyone wants to go walking, Sugar Pop and I are in! (Puppy also loves to join)

1 comment:

  1. When you had a jogging stroller on your registry and I found this netting at the consignment store, I thought, "Wow, this would be great for the baby!", glad I bought it and glad it is being used. I'm glad it fits your stroller. Have fun strolling!

    ReplyDelete