Monday, February 16, 2015

Museum Fun


One day after MDO it was rainy and yucky.  Instead of heading to the greenway or a park, we took advantage of a museum membership we were gifted for Christmas.  There were lots of fun things for Little Miss Adventure to explore.  There was a toddler area with a little train:

Little Miss especially loved watching the video.

A light table:

Some foam pieces that were meant to be assembled into an arch, but were more fun playing Spiderman on:





They also had a shape-sorting game, but Little Miss simply enjoyed feeding the shapes though the same hole.



The best part of the entire museum was a very large play structure with lots of climbing.  Little Miss Adventure was in heaven.  I was cool with going up and up as it was a very stable structure.  Suddenly I noticed that there was daylight and my mind shot to the view of the building with large pyramids on top and I realized that the play structure was designed to go up to the top of the pyramid.  I won't lie when I say that I had a mini-panic attack at the realization of how high we were actually climbing off the ground, but I quickly got it together because I don't want to pass my fears along to String Bean, and she was clearly having a ball.  In the end, Little Miss successfully made it to the top independently, while I carried 2 coats, Tigger and my purse up the entire structure.  Here's a picture from the very top of the pyramid with the skyline in the distance.


Doesn't she look so darn proud of herself?  It was totally worth a little anxiety on my part.  I've also learned to travel very lightly at the museum in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment