Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Putting Grandma to Bed


Poor Grandma.  In trying to watch Little Miss so that hubs and I could get away for a weekend, and then work on house projects for a week, she had no idea what she was taking on.  I had Mother's Day Out, music class, and all sorts of activities planned for her to keep them both busy and still give my mom breaks.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature had different plans.  Hubs and I got stuck on our weekend away, and all the activities were canceled due to ice storms.  Poor Grandma had Little Miss with no breaks from Saturday morning until we were finally able to get back on Tuesday afternoon.  Not only were there no breaks, she was stuck inside the apartment because of the ice and Little Miss decided she was not going to nap for Grandma.  Poor, poor Grandma.  
Hubs and I were able to get to the garage on Wednesday, leaving Grandma with Little Miss again.  Thursday night we had a meeting and I told my mom not to worry about putting Little Miss Nap Strike down for bed because we would be home in plenty of time to do that ourselves.  Except the meeting ran long and we missed bedtime.  This is what we found when we got home.
So, so sweet.  We woke my mom up enough to get Little Miss transferred to the bed.  My mom opened her eyes, moved her wrist out of the way, and rolled over as I turned out the lights.  What a tiring day.  However, there's not much better in life than having a small child fall asleep next to you.  I'm really going to miss that someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment