Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Great Trip North


Two words can best summarize progress on the garage renovation:  veerrry slow.  Losing our builder crippled the project and we still haven't been able to recover.  Add to that the fact that I need to shop and price things and make decisions with a little one in tow and that slows things to a glacial pace.  We were entering a phase where decisions needed to be made and I just couldn't get anything done.  Grandma graciously volunteered a week of her time to watch Little Miss so that I could focus all my attention on the renovation.  They headed up north to the farm.  We got them all loaded up, kissed Little Miss goodbye, waved and the second that she drove off and I couldn't see her anymore, I burst into tears.  I was so excited to get to focus on this project for a little bit that I wasn't expecting that at all.  Good thing I had hubs there to calm me down.  While there were a few stops along the way, the pictures I have from that week are all playing at the farm.  Let's see, there was riding the Barbie car:
Walking her dinosaurs around: (please tell me I'm not the only one singing the song in my head- 'open the door, get on the floor, everyone walk the dinosaur...'  No one?)
Riding a bike:
And even naps al fresco:
Since she was visiting a farm, it's only fitting that she chose a tractor to ride at the mall as well.
(I just love her expression in this photo.)
She had a great week and didn't seem to dwell on missing Mommy or Daddy.  We enjoyed nightly FaceTime chats and loved seeing what she was up to.  It was so good to have her back and get her cuddles, though.  Throughout the week hubs and I kept finding ourselves talking about all the cute things she does and saying her little expressions.  It was nice not having to deal with naps and getting to sleep in in the mornings, but I wouldn't change life with my little girl for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment