Saturday, October 18, 2014

Homecoming Friend


I feel old admitting this, but last week was my 15 year college reunion.  Nearly all my friends made it back, and my mom came down so hubs and I were able to join everyone in town for a fun kids-free weekend.  This reunion had an extra special treat- my friend who has a baby three days younger than Little Miss brought her daughter a little early so the girls could have an all-weekend play date with my mom.  We picked them up at the airport Thursday morning and the girls wasted no time making friends.
I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that they looked at each other and were holding hands by the time that the car started moving.  We headed to the library for story time and then headed out to the courtyard to explore.  They checked out the fountain together, followed each other around, 

 and eventually sat down on a bench together for a photo op.
It was a very early morning for our little Southern belle, so we headed back home for lunch and naps...except our poor little friend was too wound up to sleep.  After Little Miss woke up, I offered to let my friend and her husband have a nap while I took the girls for a walk.  She fought the good fight, but after 11 hours awake, I got our little friend to do this:
Finally, some sleep.  And where was Little Miss who had already napped?  Just hanging out on my back giving me some cuddles.
Letting the girls meet and play while the parents got to hang out and spend some extra time together was such a good start to the weekend.  Where are the pictures of the moms together?  The families together?  Any pictures of the huge group during homecoming? Good question.  None of those were taken.  Oops.  It was an awesome weekend though, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment