Saturday, October 4, 2014

Stop! Smoothie Time


If there's one thing Little Miss loves, it's food (and Huckleberry).  But for this post, it's food. I recently mentioned that I wanted to start including her more in the kitchen.  She's interested and there are times when it's not difficult to have her help.  It turns out Little Miss is an excellent smoothie-maker.  I add the water, she adds the banana.  I pour in the chia seeds, she drops in the protein powder.  I add flaxseed meal and she adds giant handfuls of spinach.  She then watches me add the frozen fruit and puts on the top.  



She holds her ears and signs all done while I turn on the blender and put away the fruit.  Then I pour it into a cup, add a straw and we enjoy it together.  Typically, I hold it while she sucks it down and I occasionally ask her for a sip, which she'll oblige with a little break.  Now, when the cup gets towards the bottom, she wants to hold the cup herself and drink.  She's getting so independent.  
We are so blessed with a daughter that loves healthy food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment