Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Master of the Mudroom Mountain


Little Miss is becoming a climber.  She now climbs up to the bench in the mudroom.  She plays with the lights.
She explores the alarm.
She ponders how to get down.

It took some talking through, but she's mastered getting down on her own.  
Another surprising trick she found while up there was locking the door.  She turns it just enough that you can't open it from the outside.  Luckily, I saw that she did this and unlocked the double doors in the play room when I went outside to mail a letter.  When I came back to the door it was locked and she was standing guard.  I asked her several times to unlock the door, pointed to where she needed to turn the knob, shook the regular door knob, and made a big fuss through the glass.  She simply continued playing with the light switches.  I did wind up having to go in through the play room.  It looks like it's time to hide a key somewhere just in case.  While I'm glad that she's learning new skills and developing confidence in her climbing abilities, I think it's time to start challenging that skill to other places, like the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment