Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fun with Valentine's Stickers


Sometimes after nap we deal with a fussy period of time before Little Miss regains her bearings.  Usually snack will calm her, but yesterday it just didn't do the trick.  Luckily, I bought lots of fun Valentine's stickers in a moment of weakness at Target this week and I actually remembered to use them.  Little Miss Sourpuss almost immediately transformed into Little Miss Focus as she worked with them for a half hour.  

She selected the stickers.

I removed the backing and let her determine the placement and stick them down herself.



She experimented with some layering and using different angles.  She even remembered to pat them down in place so that they would stay (you can tell she was patting them by the way her hand is blurred).
Today I was able to cut her work into some Valentines.
Was it fun? Yes.  Did we have enough paper? No. Hopefully I'll get my act together and order more paper so more friends and family can get cards.  I know that it's almost a month away, but buying some peace and calm with such a fun project was worth storing the Valentines for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment