Thursday, January 22, 2015

PreDinner Entertainment

Since hubs no longer has to fight traffic to get to work, he eased off his 7-4 schedule and returned to an 8-5.  He often walks to work, so he doesn't walk back in our door until approximately 5:30, which is very close to dinnertime.  I strongly preferred the 7-4 because that meant he got home in time to play with Little Miss while I got busy in the kitchen.  His later arrivals have 'encouraged' me to find new ways to entertain Little Miss while I try to cook.  The other night I introduced her to pipe cleaners.  She looked at them for a bit and thought they were pretty, but she wasn't sure what to do with them.  That is when I gave a silent blessing to the creators of Pinterest because I remembered a pin from ages ago involving pipe cleaners and a colander.  I pulled out the colander and showed her how she could feel the pipe cleaners through the holes on the side.  She thought that was the bee's knees.


After she fed some through she was so proud of herself.

From this last photo you can tell that other activities to amuse herself include: unsnapping her shirt, eating granola bars, and not wiping her nose :)  It was really nice to discover an independent play activity for her to engage in while I was busy.  Unfortunately, once I pulled out the camera work time stopped.  I struggle with wanting to capture a moment and spoiling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment