Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Napping in the Crib

Napping in the Crib

Chickadee has been sleeping either in her co-sleeper next to our bed or with us since we brought her home from the hospital. I've loved that time with her and wouldn't change it for anything. However, as she's been getting bigger hubs and I have been thinking that it might be time to transition her to her crib and use the nursery for more than just clothes storage. We decided that a gradual transition would be best for us and we'd start with nap times. It's easy to get her down- I just nurse her- but when I transfer her into the crib, she fusses a bit before settling back to sleep. And now she only sleeps 30-40 mins before I hear her talk to signal the end of her nap. If I want her to go back to sleep for longer I have to take her out and nurse her back to sleep in our bed, which defies the purpose of putting her in the crib to begin with. If I'm tired and want a nap myself, doing a nurse nap with her in the bed is still yielding only 30-40 mins before she wakes up. Ugh. This backfired big time. Friends recommended reading the No-Cry Sleep Solution so I have it checked out from the library and will be looking for ways that I can get longer naps from her. I'm leaving her nighttime sleeping alone for now. She usually only wakes up once at night and I don't want to put her in the crib and mess with that until we have the naps figured out.

1 comment:

  1. If it is any consolation, this daytime napping/napping in the crib challenge exists on both sides of the Atlantic. Viel Glueck!

    ReplyDelete