Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Garage Shenanigans


I haven't posted too much about our garage project on this blog since I have a separate blog dedicated to that, but I do have some pretty adorable shots of Little Miss.

It's very difficult to manage such a large project while also trying to keep a toddler with some normal semblance of a schedule.  I'm just very blessed that I have such an easygoing child.  She's content to go to the garage and often spends part of the time happily riding along on my back.
Mama gets to walk around a check out what's been done and Little Miss gets to see everything from a different perspective.  
Once the garage moved farther along, it got real interesting.  When the kitchen cabinets were built, she had a place to play hide and seek.  When the plumbing was installed, Little Miss could happily play with some excess tubing.  When the closet in her room was completed, she wanted to be dropped off inside so she could check it out.



You can see from the picture that the closet starts about halfway up the wall and is a very odd shape. We're not going to turn down any extra storage, but we really don't have anything slated for the space at this point.  Little Miss loved being back there and joked that she wanted to read books.  This gave me an idea (I'm sure hubs hates my ideas at this point) that we could put shelves on the left side and high on the back wall.  We could then add a bunch of extra pillows in there and build a 2x4 ladder on the wall.  It could be a fun little cubby for her to hang out in (at least for a few years until she gets too big).  The only problem is that this idea came after the closet was built and I"m not sure if it's built to support that kind of weight.  It might be great, or it may not and I don't want to gamble with my little girl.  At this point we're just looking to get into the space before we start doing any projects.  It may be that we didn't get rid of as much stuff as we needed and we need to use it for storage.  Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment