Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Glitter!

There is no doubt that Little Miss is crafty.  She loves painting, coloring, cutting, gluing and anything I can throw at her.  I decided it was time to up the ante.  I bought some glitter to make 'gak' a while ago and thought it would be fun to do with glue, since she recently discovered the glue bottle.  She had a blast pouring the glue all over the paper and then sprinkling on the glitter (blue, of course).  It was no time at all until she learned to bend the paper to shake off the excess glitter and then use that paper to apply more.

 Of course, it made a huge mess, but Little Miss found it charming and was agreeable to washing her hands immediately.



As predicted, even after multiple sweeps and immediate cleaning, there was glitter all over the area. Later that week, hubs sent a text telling me he found glitter on his pants at work.  In my opinion, glitter is part of the magic of childhood.  I'm glad that I introduced her to it early and have every intention of trying it again.  Any suggestions for fun (toddler) glitter activities are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment