Thursday, June 18, 2015

Every 2 Year-Old's Dream/The Bubble Run!


While we were up North Aunty Judy found a great suggestion for us- the local bubble run!  It was being held at the race track 1/2 mile down the road which I had never been to.  It was a way for me to check it out and have some fun with Little Miss.  The day was overcast and wet, but that didn't deter us from having some fun and taking pictures while waiting to start.  We got a picture with the race track in the background.
 We got our headbands on and got all geared up:
 And we waited patiently for almost 30 mins to finally cross the start line:
There was a huge bubble machine right at the start to kick things off right.  I had Little Miss Bubbles in the stroller and that was a mistake.  The bubbles quickly overtook the stroller and even strangers were helping me clear the bubbles from Little Miss' face.  When we finally got through and the shock of what just transpired cleared, Little Miss was in heaven.
She gave huge smiles and happily played in the bubbles as we walked to the next station.  The next color was pink.  Having learned from the start line, I had to hold Little Miss with one arm and push the stroller with the other.  I had to get close enough to let one side of her get covered in the bubbles cascading down from the machine, but not completely under so as to completely engulf her and get soap all in her eyes.  It was a delicate balance.  After we got past the bubble machine, I could put her down so she could enjoy walking through all the bubbles.  Here we are coming through the pink bubbles.

She spent most of the time walking with only occasional stroller rides.  Each time I announced we were coming to a new color, she giggled with glee.  The blue bubbles were so foamy and stayed around for so long, we had to stop and have a mini-photo session.


I love that last picture so much it's now the wallpaper on my phone.  Each time I look at it I feel happy.  The bubble run itself was kind of a pain in the butt because of how long it took and how slowly everything went.  However, it was our first official 5K and Little Miss Bubbles had an absolute blast.  The pure joy it brought her on the day and looking back at the pictures was totally worth it.  I would do it again and might look into some other local fun themed runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment