Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Little Felon


Let the record state that this is the first item that Little Miss ever shoplifted.  We were out shopping at a large chain store for some supplies for a project with a friend.  I was wearing Little Miss on my back and she was doing quite well back there, but I just wanted to be sure she stayed entertained and didn't start fussing.  We were in the button aisle and I just handed this back to her thinking that she would shake it like a shaker.  She took it and seemed to enjoy playing with it.  We continued around the store and I didn't think much about it until it was time to check out.  I reached back to get the buttons and they weren't in her hands.  I couldn't feel anything between my back and her tummy and so I assumed that she must have dropped them somewhere along the way and I was too distracted to notice.  Imagine my surprise when I was taking her off my back in the parking lot and the buttons dropped to the ground.  Big oops.  Now, some of you might be wondering why I didn't just take them back into the store- and that would be a great question.  I was in a hurry to move onto the next place with my friend and just didn't.  That's all I can say to defend myself.  So not only is Little Miss a thief, but her mama is an enabler.  There.  I said it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment