Sunday, August 10, 2014

Painting Parties


I started feeling mommy guilt (1st world problems) because I wasn't doing enough enrichment with Little Miss.  I started doing sensory things, I instituted dance parties, and I put on my big girl panties and started painting with her.  I'd been putting off painting because I was worried about the mess, but I decided to just go for it anyway.  I made some watercolor paint at home and then bought finger paint.  We started with the finger paint.  I let her pick out her own colors, but she wasn't really sure what to do.  I modeled by making dots all over the paper.  It took a long time, but she finally picked up the brush and started going.


She must've decided that was fun, because then she added another color.
She declared herself finished shortly thereafter.  That particular painting, being her first, has the spot of privilege on our refrigerator door.  We're such dorks.  Anyway, she really enjoys painting.  Here she was back at it a few days later:
We've talked about buying some larger t-shirts from Goodwill to use as smocks, but that's as far as we've gotten with that.  Luckily, she gets a little messy, but it's nothing that a washcloth or a bath can't fix.  There haven't been any huge paint splatters anywhere.  It gives us a fun opportunity to make our own cards.  If you receive a card or letter made by Little Miss, then we thank you for giving her art an authentic purpose.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment