Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree


Last year we didn't have a Christmas tree because we were moving.  The advantage to moving early was that we were able to have a tree this year.  We loaded up the car and headed to our favorite spot at the local farmer's market for trees.  They had a little Christmas photo spot:
And, who can resist a guitar playing celery stick?
We were able to find a tree and why we didn't take a picture standing next to me escapes me.  How about this?
Actually, that was Little Miss and I at Opryland, please believe me when I say that our tree is is a bit underwhelming compared to this.  However, the point is that this year we have a tree!  We chose to only bring out our very favorite ornaments and put them at the top out of reach of little hands.  The rest of the tree is covered in filler ornaments.  It wasn't necessary to do this.  Every morning Little Miss walks over and kisses the tree.  Then she looks at some of the small gold balls and kisses them as well.  She hasn't really pulled many ornaments off the tree and just leaves it alone for the most part.  I'm hoping this continues and that hopefully next year we'll be able to put out some of our other nicer ornaments. In the meantime, I love having the tree to look at- it makes the winter less dreary to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment