Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Sick Snuggle Bug


Last week, Little Miss woke up as normal, but went out to the couch with Daddy and cuddled back to sleep for quite a while.  We were all happy for the extra sleep, but when she woke up and it was time for Daddy to get ready to start his day, he mentioned that she felt warm.  Sure enough, she had a fever.  She refused breakfast in favor of laying on the couch.  
This was her first illness as a toddler and as I thought about how to approach the day, I decided to break our no-tv policy.  We spent the day cuddled on the couch watching tv.  She passed on Winnie the Pooh after a while.  There was no interest in Daniel Tiger or Ella the Elephant.  However, Caillou was the bomb-diggity.  We watched that the entire day.  She dozed off and on throughout the day and would tolerate me getting up to go to the bathroom, but too much longer than that and she began calling for me.  I was so sorry that she wasn't feeling well, but I adored a day just cuddling my baby girl.  Luckily, the fever broke in the afternoon and she hasn't asked for tv since.  
While I don't want her to be sick again anytime soon, I am looking forward to lots of cuddles again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment