Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sunday Morning Geek Out


I get Sunday mornings to myself.  Usually, I sleep in, go for a run, or just play on the computer.  However, something's been irking me for a while now that I decided couldn't wait another day to get fixed.  Butterbean's art cabinet devolved into a complete mess.  She has lots of art materials and sensory stuff, but I wasn't wanting to ever do it because it was such a mess.  Stuff was stacked on top of more stuff, and it was a huge jumbled mess.
In all his cleaning, hubs unearthed a bunch of plastic shoeboxes and I knew what had to be done.  With Little Miss safely out of the way, I was able to pull everything out, organize it, and even use my handy-dandy label maker to get it properly labeled.  Now when I open the cabinet, this is what I'm greeted by:
I can't tell you what a difference it's made for me.  I'm so much happier to get out art materials and do new projects with her.  Putting things away is also simple.  
As a side benefit, it's also made it easier for other people to use.  Mamaw came to visit and she could easily access activities for Little Miss.  I'll be looking forward to carrying this over to our next space as well. Oh, and don't worry, I still got to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment