Saturday, April 25, 2015

Peanut, Peanut Butter....


We had a really lovely week weather-wise.  The temperatures have been pretty moderate and we've been outside quite a bit.  Since hubs fished out our old patio set for the balcony, we've gotten to enjoy several meals out there.  In fact, when it's time to eat, Little Miss often says, "Si!" and runs to the door and points outside to indicate her preference for dining al fresco.  
One day we had lunch outside and Little Miss requested more peanut butter on her toast.  I was about to get it and do it for her, when she picked up the knife sitting on the table, dipped it into the jar, got an appropriate amount out and put it on her toast.  She's capable of so much more than I give her credit for.  
 To prove it wasn't a fluke, she did it several more times and even performed her latest skill on video. Here she is licking the knife, just like Mama.
We recently went to a parenting course at a Montessori school and the teacher mentioned in passing that a 3.5 year old should be able to make their own scrambled eggs.  I thought she was crazy, but witnessing this and seeing how eager Little Miss is when helping me in the kitchen lets me know that I need to step up my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment