Saturday, September 26, 2015

Best Birthday Gift Ever


Earlier this summer we were invited to a birthday party.  The mother said that her son had lots of toys, so if you wanted to bring a gift you could, but it was certainly not needed.  I'm not a great gift giver and I stress out about what to buy for others, but I came across this link in a group I'm in and love the idea of it.  http://www.sokindregistry.org/ideas  The premise of the site is to 'register' for experiential or handmade gifts, not stuff.  In looking through their ideas, I thought that I'd invite the birthday boy over for a baking play date.  His mom was thrilled with the gift and we arranged a time for the two to get together.  
When the day arrived, they came over and the two kids played together for a bit while the moms got everything set up.  We had two bowls, lots of measuring cups and spoons and two different recipes to try.  It went really well.  The kids each had their own equipment so there was no fighting over taking turns.  Because there were two moms, one could measure and pour with the kids while the other got the ingredients out and ready.  In the end, we each had a bunch of muffins and the kids were happy.  I usually see the mom out hiking, so it was really nice for she and I to get together and hang out inside as well.   I'll definitely be giving that as a gift again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment