Saturday, September 26, 2015

Rainy Afternoon Adventure

A little while ago we had one of those days that was dreary and had lots of drizzle, but not full-out rain.  After spending the morning inside, I thought the rain stopped and we would go on a little adventure.  I was wrong about the rain, but it was so light and the thought of dealing with Little Miss Protestor was so disillusioning, I decided we would brave the rain anyway.  We went to our local hidden greenway to hang out and see what we could see.  Sometime during our walk the rain stopped and it wound up being an amazing afternoon.  We stopped at the gazebo to have a snack and check things out.
Then we went down to the water to see if the ducks were across the way.
And both she and puppy stopped long enough for a drink.
When I taught in New Zealand it rained all the time (think Seattle).  If a day was drizzly like this one it didn't stop outside play or phase the kids at all.  I tried to channel my inner kiwi for the day and it really paid off.  Plus, humidity does great things for Little Miss' curls.
We turned a day couped up inside into a really fun, relaxed afternoon adventure.  I hope that I remember to do more of that as the fall weather and rains really kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment