Sunday, September 20, 2015

Going on a Bear Hunt


One of our local hiking groups offered a bear hunt hike.  It was too cute an idea to pass up!  Nap time worked out for us and we met a bunch of other kids at a local trail to hike and look for bears.  A few people had gone out ahead of time to hide the bears and make sure there were enough for all the kids.  Little Miss Explorer quickly figured out what was happening and ran off to find her bear.  I got a great video, but can't post it here.  After, she held her bear the entire hike while other kids went ahead to look for theirs.
It was such a cute idea and there was such a great turnout that they said they would do it every few months at a different park.  I love this idea, but we're getting a bit overloaded in the stuffed animal department.  I have a few that I've sneaked out of the rotation and wouldn't mind donating to the cause, but I'll have to be sure to 'miss' that hike so there's no confusion when someone else finds a bear that she recognizes.  It makes me wonder what other hunts I could create for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment