Sunday, September 20, 2015

How Embarrassing


My dad was a guy who liked to have fun and didn't care what other people thought about him.  This led to many embarrassing moments growing up, especially as a teenager.  Luckily, hubs is a pretty laid-back guy and doesn't usually embarrass me at all.  I thought I was safe for a while.  Until Little Miss began dressing herself, that is.  In one way, having a toddler dress themselves is great.  All I have to do is open the drawer, tell Little Miss to pick out something to wear and she takes care of the rest.  It saves me lots of time and hassle.  
Unfortunately, I no longer have a say in the order (or direction) in which she puts on her clothes, for example.  I'm trying so hard to encourage independence where possible, so I daren't say anything about her clothing choices, but it was pretty hard to walk through the neighborhood with this:
and not feel compelled to tell all that we passed that she dressed herself (although I'm sure they probably guessed).  So, if we come to hang out and Little Miss is looking a bit weird, just compliment her on dressing herself, give me a wink and we'll be all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment