Sunday, September 20, 2015

First Day of School

We arrived home from reunion just in time for the first day of 'school.' Little Miss will continue to go to Mother's Day Out twice a week.  This summer she had a chance to bond with her teacher and adjust to the new school.  This wound up being a great thing because for many of her classmates, this was their first experience being left at school.  While there was crying and tears to go around her room, Little Miss stayed calm and didn't fuss when I left.  Realizing I forgot to get a picture in the chaos, the director volunteered to go into the classroom and snap some shots.

You can see that she's holding her Tigger and looking concerned, but I'm not sure if she was sad about being left or about all the crying kids in her midst.  I didn't need to worry because she did great.  The teacher posted pictures of all the kids napping and told me how caring she had been to the other kids throughout the day (giving them hugs, bringing them toys, etc).  I don't think I've ever been prouder.  At the end of the day I was able to right my wrong and get a picture of Little Miss with her two teachers this year.  I'm excited and think it's going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment