Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Walk in the Woods


You all know that we take Little Miss walking in the woods all the time.  What we don't often do is let her do the walking.  I've resolved to let her do more.  She loves being outside and I thought that I'd see what would happen if I let her get in on the exercise as well.  We saw lots of deer.
We stopped to look at some grass.
The biggest hit was a field of rocks, or one rock in particular. She sat with the rock,
 laid on the rock,

and gave it lots of attention until I demanded that we get going again.  A walk that usually takes 45 min took 2 hours, but Little Miss walked at least 1/2 mile and had a great time.  I'm trying to give her more opportunities to get up an active, but I have to admit that I am missing my exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment