Monday, September 15, 2014

Goo!

As we continue our sensory journey, I decided to get a bit braver and try goo.  Essentially it's just corn starch and water, but I was a bit concerned about the mess.  First I poured the corn starch in the bowl and let Little Miss play with that for a while.  Once she was happy with that I added the water.  She really enjoyed playing with it.  The highlight of the session came when she took the box and started pouring her own corn starch in.  We were at the end of the box so I let her go for it.

That of course, required more water and we had a little cycle going for a while until she decided that the goo wasn't interesting at all, but the physical box was.  That got dipped in the mixture and explored quite thoroughly.
 The thinking tongue came out as she explored the mixture further, and she even reached for my phone, presumably, to also dunk.  No cigar there.  It was an easy thing to do and I'm glad that she liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment