Tuesday, September 30, 2014

More Parking

It's finally starting to cool off a bit here.  Some moms and I have been meeting at a local place for Weenie Wednesday.  It's a small weenery in an old VW van with a little park next to it.  We just usually have a picnic and a little play before heading back home for nap time.  On this occasion, I thought that I'd check out a nearby nature playscape first.  It was a short walk from the parking lot and Little Miss insisted on helping carry things.
She had her water bottle and my keys and wasn't going to give them up for anything, until we reached the sand box.  This was Little Miss' first experience with sand.  She liked it some, but mostly enjoyed watching me play with it.  It helped that the toys and things were similar to those in her water table.

There were also big stacks of branches which she was too little for, and tree stumps of different sizes. She enjoyed having me lift her up on each one and look around from a higher perspective.  For safety reasons, I was unable to get a picture of that.  There was also a water pump, a big dirt hill and other things that will be good as she gets older and able to make more friends while there.  It's a good resource, but doesn't have a lot of shade so will be something we look for more in cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment