Sunday, September 28, 2014

Zoo!


I took Little Miss to the zoo earlier this summer and it didn't go well.  I would point out an elephant, and she would look at the grass in the foreground.  I would watch the monkeys, and she was watching her friends.  In the petting zoo, this was all she was interested in.
I didn't take her at all this summer because I thought that she simply wasn't ready for it.  However, I took her back this week and it was a much different experience.  I don't know if it's all the practice looking at deer and wildlife at our state park, but she was really into it this time.  She pointed at the gibbons that were jumping in the trees and squeaking loudly and loved watching the meerkats.
She loved looking at all the animals in the reptile house, but the biggest hit was the petting zoo.  She really got it this time and ran from goat to goat to watch and pet them.

There were things like camels and large tortoises to look at, but I couldn't get her away from the goats this time.  I wanted to have time for a picnic lunch before heading home for nap so I cut it short there, but the zoo was definitely a success.  So much so, I'm thinking a membership may actually be justified at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment