Friday, September 5, 2014

Nature Day, Take 2


I noticed in our local Parent's magazine that there was going to be another play day like the one we attended a few months ago.  I debated whether or not to take Tater Tot, but decided that she might just need more exposure to the activities to get comfortable participating.  There were so many kids there this time!  Many of them were older, loud, and running from place to place.  This overwhelms Little Miss and I was worried that we made a 45 minute drive for nothing.  We just walked from place to place looking at the activities and I tried not to make a big deal out of anything.  Finally, the crowd thinned out a bit and Little Miss got interested in the water play activity:
...although not quite how I expected.  She enjoyed picking up the toys from inside the pool, but wasn't in long before they asked her to get out.  Understandably, they didn't want to deal with a leaky diaper situation.  That was the only thing that she was really into.  Luckily, I thought to pack an extra outfit and after getting changed and dried off we enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch in the back of the car.  There was a lovely breeze and it was actually pretty fun.  Little Miss loves picnics.
Will we try this again?  Maybe.  I'm not going to go out of my way to do it anymore, but I do think that it has a lot of potential.  Perhaps next year she'd enjoy it more?  Only time will tell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment