Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Who's Walking Whom?


If you were to hang out in our neighborhood, you would see this sight more and more:
Little Miss is obsessed with walking Huckleberry.  She often goes to the closet and points to his leash until I pull it down for her.  Then she tried to put it on Huck.  One day she brought me the Kinderpack and the leash signaling it was time to go for a walk.  Other times she brings me my shoes.  I like that she's able to communicate what she wants and that she enjoys walking, but it can sometimes be an exercise in frustration.  In the mornings I like to take her and Huck on stroller rides on the greenway so I can get some exercise.  On this particular day it went well until we were almost back.  She got really fussy because she wanted to walk Huck.  I tried giving her the leash in the stroller and that made her happy for a while, but it was too difficult for me to intervene when we encountered another dog on the greenway and the leash kept getting stuck in the wheels.  When we made it back to our neighborhood I let Little Miss out so she could finish the walk with puppy, barefoot and all.  She was in heaven.  
In some ways, walking Huck has made our walks easier.  He doesn't seem to care one bit that she's walking him and doesn't mind a thing she does.  He does, however, follow and listen to me.  I usually walk in front and guide him and she just follows along after holding the leash.  Our walks have gotten much quicker and there's a lot less drama because she's happy as a clam.  Hubs said last night strangers were stopping their cars and one man asked to take a picture of her walking Huck. Not sure if this is a phase or not, but it's kind of fun and really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment